Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bragging Rights

Okay, ladies, I have bragging rights. Am I better than you? Maybe. ;) But once you read this, you'll know why...

I went to Food Lion this evening for a couple of reasons. One is that their Dove Deodorant is on sale 2/$4. If you bought your Sunday papers this week, you know that there is a $2/1 coupon, which makes this deo FREE! I bought ten papers, so I got ten Doves for FREE!!! THEN, they have a deal going that when you buy $15 of a certain item, you save $3 instantly. Buy $25, save $5 instantly. Buy $35, save $10 instantly. The Dove qualified for $25, so I saved $5 off my purchase. Here's the breakdown:

10 Dove deos- $20
10 $2/1 coupons- -$20
Tax- $1.95
Instant savings- $5

THEY PAID ME $3.05 TO TAKE THE DOVE!!!!! Amazing. Seriously. I was so pumped!


Okay, that was one order. Here's the second one (including the sale prices):

2 Reese's Mini Cups BOGO $3.59
2 Reese's Pieces BOGO $3.59
29 Mueller's pastas 4/$4
20 Ragu sauces 3/$5
Duncan Hines Spice cake mix and Strawberry cake mix 4/$5
Pillbury Funfetti icing $1.29
2 Red Baron Pizzas $4.99 each
NY Texas Toast toast $2.99
TGIF Mozz sticks $3.99
Otis Spunkmeyer frozen cookie dough $3.99
1 FL 2% milk $2.69

Here's how it worked:
The deal going is, buy 2 Red Baron pizzas, get NY Texas Toast, TGIF appetizer, and a OS cookie dough for FREE. I had 2 $1/1 coupons for the pizzas and a $1/1 for the OS cookies. Yep, I saved $1 on something I got for free. AWESOME.
I had two $2/2 coupons for the candy, which made each one $1.
I had 29 Mueller's coupons from their website (unlimited printable!!!) that were worth $1/1, which made the pasta FREE.
I had ten $.60/2 Ragu coupons, which made each sauce $1.36. Because of my Ragu buys, this order qualified for $10 instant savings!!!!
Paid the shown price for the cake mixes and frosting and milk.


For the day: Spent: $45.39 Saved: $171.92 for a savings of 79%!!!!!!!!!!!

Dang, I am GOOD!!!!

Can I call myself an Extreme Couponer yet?

No comments: